There’s a reason that most Nigerians will wail in despair any time they have a banking issue that will require them contacting their bank’s customer care service. It’s because the customer care representatives at most Nigerian banks are…difficult, to say the least. Here are 8 Nigerian bank customer care struggles every Nigerian will relate to.
1) Trying to call your bank’s customer care numbers but none of them connects.
The whole idea of these numbers was to save people the stress of going into the banking halls. Why even bother with creating them if no one is going to make sure they actually work?
2) When one of the numbers finally goes through but you’re put on hold because “all available customer care representatives are currently busy”.
So you sit there, on hold, listening to the generic customer care music or (in more annoying cases) ads for every product the bank has.
3) When you’ve been on hold for an hour and suddenly realise that the number isn’t toll-free and your airtime will soon run out.
And you hope to God a representative gets to you before that happens. But they don’t.
4) So you send them a DM on one of their social media pages but all you get is an automated response and nothing else.
“Excuse me, can I speak to a human and not a robot?”
5) Eventually, you give up and decide to go the bank to meet a customer care representative in person but you meet a biblically long line.
Because there’s only one person attending to 600 people.
6) Or worse, you meet a freakishly long line because there’s no representative available for some reason.
“Is this really the time to go have lunch, ehn?”
7) When the customer care person said your problem will be fixed in 24 hours but it’s been 24 business days and it still hasn’t been fixed.
Then it occurs to you that they didn’t even try to fix your problem. In fact, due to the number of people they had to attend to, they probably forget about it the second you left.
Avoid all these struggles by banking with VBank. Along with many other perks that regular banks don’t offer, Vbank is a digital bank that has a customer care chat service with representatives available to help with your concerns and enquiries 24/7. The Vbank app is available for iOs and Android. Click here to download.