If you’ve been job hunting for a while now then you need to pay extra attention because the reason your hunt always ends at an interview is definitely on this list. This is a list of 8 things Nigerian HR Officers want you to stop doing.
1. NYSC certificate is not a professional certification
It’s a compulsory program hosted and sponsored by the government. It will not give you an edge in the job market fam but it’s a necessary addition to your credentials.
2. “Engaged” is not a marital status
We are very happy for you and we hope you invite us to your wedding but as long as you are not married, you are single.
3. Coming late to interviews
It’s human to come late, but what you should do is send a message to communicate that you are running late and why.
4. Put your phone number on your CV.
How do you expect us to reach your if we don’t have your number? Spirit realm summons?
5. Acknowledge your mails when you get an interview invitation
Reply and tell us if you would be coming or not. There’s a reason we asked you to in the mail.
6. HR officers are not job creators.
Nigerian HR officers don’t own the company, they just hired us to hire you.
7. Please smell nice
It’s a grave injustice to come into an office and evict all the oxygen with bad odor. Be kind.
8. Stop coming 3 hours early please.
You should come early but 3 house early is too extra. You make us feel bad when we see you sitting down waiting.