The consensus is that brides take weddings more seriously than grooms. Well, if the pictures I’ve seen online and conversations I recently had with some of my married friends are anything to believe, Nigerian men also feel the excitement and everything that comes with it.
This is not a comprehensive list, but here are some thoughts Nigerian men deal with on their wedding day.
1. Am I actually doing this? Is it too late to back out?
Yes, you are. And yes, you will go through it.
2. What if she doesn’t show up?
LMAO. This will actually be a sticky situation to deal with. But you should be fine.
3. Oh my God, she really isn’t going to show up.
Relax, she’s probably just stuck in traffic.
4. She’s here. Thank God.
Of course, she is. Duh!
5. This thing is taking too long. Can we get to the part where I kiss her?
Take it easy, Tiger. You weren’t even sure you wanted to do this a few hours ago.
6. Wait, What will I do if an ex-girlfriend is here?
Bruh, you’ve been watching too many movies.
7. Oh, my God. Why am I getting emotional? I think I’m going to cry now.
Let it all out, big man.
8. No, I’m a hard guy.
You are not.
9. You know what? Fuck it.
That’s the spirit!
10. Oh my God, we’re married.
As it should be.
11. But this wedding is kind of expensive sha.
12. Anyway, we can have sex without feeling guilty now.
Worth it, yeah?
Man Like – A series about men, for men, by men. Every Sunday by 12PM.